Sunday, September 11, 2011

Palette Additions

Once a month Lukas goes through his "picky" times with food and it truly stresses me out when he doesn't want to eat.  So instead of just giving him puffs I use this time to introduce new food to him and I recently introduce hummus and eggplant to him.  I made him roasted Parmesan eggplant with hummus over pita bread and I couldn't be any happier with the result because this is what he's been eating all of last week.   So what I did is just roasted the eggplant with olive oil, Parmesan, and parsley and added good hummus with it once it was chopped and cooked.  Spread in a pita bread and voila! Lukas gobbled it up like it was the best thing.  The good thing also is that I can eat it!  It's seriously worth a try!
I started Lukas with Oatmeal pretty early on but I took it to the next level last week and I made him steel cut oatmeal and put it in the fridge to serve it to him every morning.  Along with it I pureed some blueberries and raspberries to mix in to the oatmeal.  A splash of milk and a drizzle of honey and it was good to go.   Easy and Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment