Friday, September 2, 2011

"I will lift you up when you want to fly and shelter you when you want to hide"


Today marks our fifth wedding anniversary and we are going to celebrate it with Lukas during the day and a date dinner at Fleur De Lys.  It's kind of crazy when I look back on how I was when I got married and I laugh because all has happened since then has been everything I didn't expect.  In fact I didn't have any expectations at all! so all of this has been a happy surprise.

So what did I learn after 5 years?  I learned that Mark and I have the capability to make the most out of any challenges we face and that at the end of the day we take comfort that even though everything outside of our marriage is chaos we manage to keep US the center of calm and that we make sure that the good stuff always, always out weighs the bad stuff.
We remind ourselves to laugh and most importantly never loose our child like "it is the most important thing in the world".


No comments:

Post a Comment