Monday, October 3, 2011

Not always a party in the tummy..


It seems to me that Lukas' food preference changes up everyday along with his personality.  One day he'll love broccoli the next day he'll pick it up and directly throws it on the floor so making different kinds of food seems to be one of the many challenges I have recently and I have to admit that it's a frustrating stage because I am constantly worried if he's eating enough.  Yes, I read that children will eat what they need but I can't help myself to worry about it.   Thankfully, his palate doesn't prefer bland food like puffs and baby cookies because I am always so concerned with giving him food that has zero nutritional value so I switch it up a bit and just make sure that I don't make a huge batch of it so I don't waste anything.  I am also beginning to let loose on the fact that Lukas will be making a mess and that by letting him feed himself with my close guidance is a way for him to feel independent.   I guess what I'm learning through the way of early stage of parenthood is that its unpredictable and that I have to ALWAYS look at the bright side.  My friend Sarah told me one time when I was visiting her in Boston that "it's just a survival skill" and that open my eyes a lot more wider than in the beginning so if he likes pasta with tomato sauce for 4 days straight then that's what I give him or doesn't eat all of his food then I chose not to fight it anymore and just make sure I reintroduce the food later on, it makes a more peaceful setting and less stressful for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment