Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Finger Food

I started to introduce "finger" food to Lukas 2 weeks ago.  I usually cut up some bananas or oranges for him to munch with but he's favorite is broccoli!  I have to say, introducing ALL kinds of veggies from the beginning is paying off because he doesn't have any problem eating his greens.  Instead of steaming and boiling the veggies, I tried roasting it just to wake up the flavors even more.  Here's what I did.

 Pick whatever vegetable your child likes. I cut mine in a semi thin strips so he can easily hold it and bite into it little by little. Drizzle olive just enough to coat the veggies. Sprinkle just a pinch of kosher salt or sea salt just bring out the flavor of the veggies even more.
Place all veggies in a single layer into a sheet pan and bake it at 375 degree preheated oven until really tender (carrots are longer to cook so I separated it from the others)
Once cooled, let your baby enjoy!!

Few things I want to share about giving baby solid food:
  • I only give Lukas solid food when I'm close to him and he has my full attention. 
  • I usually give him solids when he's in a full sitting position.  
  • I don't give him food that have round edges 
  • I make sure that the texture and size are very safe and not hard for him to swallow. 
  • I checked with my doctor and did tons of research  before I give him anything for the first time. 
Bon Appetite!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment