Sunday, April 24, 2011

Weekend festivities


As you well know my fellow mommies that weekends are no longer spent sitting in front of our manicurist getting nails done, gossiping with our hair stylist for 2 or so hours or nursing a bad hang over.  It's surprising to me how much I had free time before Lukas and how busy I thought I was.  Now a days my weekends is even more valued and appreciated because it is 2 days with Mark at home helping me out with Lukas.  Although our weekends are much more family friendly these days we try to take advantage of everything we can do locally.  This weekend we visited the San Francisco farmer's market.  It was sensory overload for Lukas who enjoyed people watching, looking at fresh produce, and watching sea gulls swimming at the San Francisco Bay.  I bought some fresh italian parsley, basil, fennels, a sack of orange and admired the wide variety of tree oyster mushrooms but the highlight was lunch at the around the corner food truck called Rotti Rolli.  The line to purchase was so long that we were intrigued enough to spend 45 minutes in the line waiting for our turn.

 I think we were more curious and at awe than actually craving the food.  I mean tell me this isn't enticing to you! 
Pork-ciutto sandwich is made of slowly roasted pork belly,onion jam topped with spicy arugula.
Tree oyster mushroom 

I have to say the food truck food was overly hyped and not worth the 45 minute wait. But aside from that we had a blast and San Francisco is never a disappointment well minus the old naked guys who rode their bicycles shouting earth day, earth day.  *sigh* I can't even imagine how those poor parents explained that to their little ones. Never a dull moment I must say...

No comments:

Post a Comment