Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Battle with the pearly whites




I have survived yet another 24 hour cry fest with a teething baby boy.  When Lukas first started teething, I went to get baby orajel but I read reviews horrible enough to scare me not to use it ever again.  So I went back to the basics with teething rings, frozen damp cloth, a tiny bit of baby tylenol, and lots of prayer and love.  When Lukas is teething he doesn't eat or take his milk like he normally does I think it's because his gums are very sensitive and sore but this adds to my worries and frustrations not to mention his naps are fewer and much shorter than normal.  It is definitely challenging taking care of a baby crying for hours, I go through my ups and downs and I definitely feel guilty when his crying and my helplessness gets the better of me.  But when he's fast asleep and I got a little break I quickly realize this is me and him time and that we go through it together and the only way out of this is to go through it.  Right now I'm on day 2 and I'm not going to sugar coat it because I know that it's another challenging day so I'll be exercising all those meditation techniques I've learned for childbirth.  But the main thing that I have to learn is that I have to learn to forgive myself when I loose my patience at times.  I'm going to admit that I haven't mastered this because the guilt I feel is just so much I convince myself that I'm the worse mother in the world.  I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way....

No comments:

Post a Comment