Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Glorious 365 days

So it came and we celebrated!  I still can't believe that we have celebrated Lukas' first birthday and it was such a happy moment.  My in laws came in from New York and spent a few days with us.  We had an intimate gathering of just family at our house the actual day of Lukas' birthday and had some traditional filipino food and tres leches cake that was so yummy. Lukas had a great time interacting with everyone and showed off his walking skills.  The next day, we went to eat the yummy Sam's Chowder house before heading to the zoo with his grandparents and boy did he love the Giraffes!  I think he was just shocked and thought his toy Sophie was real.  It's mind blowing to me how he's walking in the zoo looking at animals.  I can't believe how much he's developed in such short period of time.
Then over the weekend we had the party with everyone at Buca di Beppo to celebrate with friends and family.  We ate and had too much food and the slideshow I have been working on was a great success.  Lukas loved all the attention and socialized with everyone.  Its such a good feeling to be in a room filled with love.  The Elmo cake turned out to be a fat Elmo cake but it added extra fun to the party and definitely became a conversational piece.   Cutting it was definitely a painful process as it involves a head :)..
Leading up to the special day I couldn't help but to be nostalgic of the first days and the changes we had in our lives.  The friends I've lost since then that made me appreciate the friends I do have now but most importantly the lesson I've learned from everything especially that family is the most important thing in the world and a permanent one so that is the relationship worth working for and keeping. BUT the lesson I carry every day is that I am a mommy now and that come first and foremost!  The life before Lukas' now only serves as experiences I had to prepare me to the most significant role I took a year ago.  Yes, I miss date night and free schedules and weekends with nothing to do but to sit in a Cafe but would I change anything? Absolutely NOT because life without him is no life at ALL.    

No comments:

Post a Comment