Saturday, July 2, 2011

A very lazy saturday

We finally got a new couch which I'm so excited about but for 10 days we will be lounging on our floor which Lukas is pretty happy about because he has more room to play around.  He has been learning to walk lately and he tries so hard everyday all day.  He doesn't mind falling - he is a determined baby and makes me even more proud of him everyday but at the same time I'm kind of sad how fast this whole year has been and that's just it - It is simply TOO fast!!  We are also starting a new project on our patio and making it pretty before my in-laws come for Lukas' first birthday.  I feel kind of overwhelmed and numb at the same time of all the stuff that needs to get done.  I have about three thousand photos to go through for a slide show I want to put together for his birthday party.  Lately, I just have been reminiscing about the last days of my pregnancy and reminding myself how annoying my carpal tunnel was during that time so that I don't get the urge to get pregnant again :)..Lukas is starting to look like a toddler and no longer an infant and I'm already missing those days when I was his whole world.

Even with my crippling nostalgia and laziness I somehow unconsciously made some peanut butter cupcakes with chocolate ganache for my hubby the ganache is supposed to be just the icing but I decided to dip the entire cupcake into the ganache since I made so much. It's kind of my cupcake spin to his favorite peanut butter cups...I have to say I like these kind of days doing nothing but house stuff and just hanging out with my boys.  I once heard that if you have your health and your family then you have everything...WORD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment