Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Some So-Cal fun


After  4 days of some San Diego fun I was finally happy to be back at home and back to Lukas' schedule.  We had a lot of excitement this past 2 weeks that I actually miss the mundane life at home.   Mark had to work in San Diego so I tagged my mom along to keep me company but mainly to help us with Lukas at night while Mark and I go out.  It was full on geek fest on steroids but Lukas and my mom seems to enjoy all the sightings.  We ate a lot of good food and walked a lot and did  a little shopping too.  I have to say this trip was a little tense for my hubby and I because we are both very tired from the week before but we made the most out of it by eating at good restaurants.  I mean, don't you solve everything by eating yummy food?

 Anchovies with citrus - that is to die for!
 Some goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes and crusty bread
Green Mussels Escabeche

The good thing is Mark and I had a little bit of time together and had a little fun at a company event and had some celebrity sightings that I actually care about so it's not all stressful.  
We go to Comicon every year (except last year, I was busy giving birth) and every year we party all night and relax all day so this year is definitely very very different.  Even though we had my mom to baby sit I just didn't feel like drinking too much.  The idea of having a hang over the next day is beyond to what I can prepare myself for so we called each night an early one.   I think next vacations should be exclusive for not doing anything but discover and have fun at a new place.  No convention chaos and no work.  Just 100% bumming around doing nothing except to be with each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment