Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Food made fast

Don't you just love Trader Joe's?  Very budget friendly for good quality products.  We often do our food shopping there and their packaged products are amazing especially if I'm needing of baby food I can quickly put together for Lukas that is also good enough for us grown ups.  Although I'm a big believer of baby meals made from scratch it's not always possible for us, so I am happy that I can buy something at Trader Joe's that is good enough to open and serve even it's from a package.
 Polenta with shredded chicken and basil pesto (all store bought except for the chicken)
 Polenta with marinara sauce and provolone cheese (I didn't have mozzarella so I cut up sliced provolone cheese)
Whole wheat gnocchi with home made spinach pesto (spinach pesto is so easy to make and packed with nutrients - I squeezed in some lemon juice to make the flavor even more vibrant)

All this cooking is nothing if Lukas didn't eat it that is why I am so happy that he has an adventurous palate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment