Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mommy the cook

I always go in waves in putting more effort in making some yummy food for my boys.  This week I am so lazy to go to the market and buy food that I ended up going through my fridge and pantry to see what I can make w/o going to the store.  I ended up making some marinated steak that I sliced up and made into a sandwich with my home made bread.
Mark didn't have cereal for breakfast the next day so whipped up some blueberry strudel that's so easy to make as long as you use puff pastry.  It turned up so yummy I ate most of it :).
Now knowing how easy and quick the strudel recipe is, I am excited to make this for Lukas when he goes to school (which I am happy that it won't be years from now).  The strudel is too sweet for Lukas so I didn't give him some but I think if you are giving children junk food it's much better to make it at home. Don't ya think?
Lukas has been super picky with food and I discovered this week that he loves eggs by taking a bite from my breakfast which made me so happy cause he didn't have any appetite most of last week.  But I try to incorporate veggies in each meal that I make him so I made him some zucchini cheese fritata and added a little bit of nutmeg.  He loved it so much that I gave myself a little pat in the back.


No comments:

Post a Comment