Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mommy Day Off

I don't get a whole lot of mommy day off, which most of the time I don't mind.  But after the Boston trip and being with Mark and Lukas 24/7 and more, I realized that I haven't been myself lately and I have to make a real effort to do something for ME.  No baby, No hubby just a stack of fashion magazine and some wine, put my feet up and relax.
Luckily my friend invited me to do just exactly that.  We went to a park in San Francisco and drank some Pinot Grigio and read up some magazines that have piled up in my living room.  Afterwards, we walked to mission street to window shop and saw lots of cool new things especially at this vintage shop.

I have to get used to being away from my boys a bit.  I know that it's the right thing to do because I can't give myself fully to them if I have nothing more of me to give.  I've realized this past few days that although I can never be the person before Lukas it is still important to reacquaint myself to that person and remind myself that although my life has changed that person is still here (it is easy to give everything you have for people you love).  I need to learn the lesson I've been teaching Lukas lately about things that although gone it still continues to exist and apply that lesson to me so I am able to reemerge my old self and not feel that I have to apologize for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment