Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shopping Guilt

I'm sure that most of you moms can relate to what I'm going to talk about today.  Did you notice that ever since you became a mom that you shop more for your baby and give yourself a heavy guilt trip if you buy something for yourself even if you know you deserve it?  Yup I'm one of those moms now.  I don't know maybe because I still carry on the extra lbs I carried from pregnancy that I don't have any interest in trying on clothes let alone buying.  Million things goes through my head before I even purchase anything, (milk money, college money, home money, my husband haven't shopped in 2 years so I shouldn't, etc).  And with shoes, I used to wear heals like there's no tomorrow 6 inch stiletto heels? no problem!  Now what do I tell myself?  Gee, I'm just pushing a stroller all day who will I wear heels for?  Why is it that us well deserving moms who work 24/7 with no legitimate lunch or pee break makes ourselves feel this way?

Today I went to H&M one of my favorite places to shop pre-Lukas era.  I thought, well made clothes for a cheaper value, sure I'll buy something.  I look at numerous diaphanous tops flirting with me to wear for the summer 24.99, 19.99..yaicks too expensive!  I still need to loose weight plus I could use the money for something else, I convinced myself.  Then a hidden corner I have never even glanced on nor paid attention to before Lukas is voila! A BABY clothes corner!! I was in shopping heaven.  Grabbed everything that interest me. I said oooh wow 6.49 , 9.99, so cheap!  The clothes were so cute and stylish, sizes were big I would say at least for my son but generally happy, well made clothes that I purchased guilt free, I should take advantage, it made sense to me.  The guy rang me up 99. 60 total.  WHAT?!! all that convincing for myself all went down to drain when it came to my little one.  It was fun and the clothes are reasonably priced but next time, I'll make sure to get me something that would make me feel special after all - Happy mommy means Happy Baby! We deserve it right??? :)


1 comment:

  1. my fav is the jeans with the suspenders, he looks like a lil man in them :)

    ReplyDelete