Monday, March 14, 2011

Let them eat veggies!!!


Veggie with Pasta 


I have to admit that I was intimidated before I started making baby food but as soon as I started and found my groove I never stopped ever since. I make sure that I squeeze in every bit of veggies I can in every serving I give to Lukas.  In this picture I made a quick very easy mix veggies with whole wheat pasta.  Here's the recipe.


1/4 cup of broccoli
1/4 cup of cauliflower
1/4 cup of carrots
a handful of whole wheat pasta
1 small onion (quartered)
a handful of fresh italian parsley (pick out the leaves only)
1/2 cup of water
2 tablespoon of organic unsalted butter 


Place all veggies and pasta into a medium pot then pour the water. Place pot over high heat to boil.  Once boiling, lower heat to medium, put on a lid for about 20 minutes.  Cook the veggies till tender.  Once the veggies and pasta are soft, use an immersion blender to puree all veggies and pasta while the pot is in low heat (you may also use a blender).  Once pureed, stir in the butter until the texture is creamy. 



You can freeze the food for longer shelf life. 

You can change the measurements according to your liking.  The idea is to make fresh food that we as adults would eat if salted and not pureed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment