Saturday, May 28, 2011

The fishies and the revolutionaries

It was really surprising for me that the weather in Boston was so windy, sunny, and very humid but gave myself props for packing light and summery clothes.  It was kind of cool to be able to wear summer clothes again especially I've spent last summer either pregnant or post pregnant.   Now that we have Lukas kid friendly places is a must so we walked over a mile and met up with our friends and their daughter at the New England Aquarium.
Lukas was a lot younger when we first took him to an aquarium so it was fun to see him so interactive with his surrounding this time. After the aquarium we went to Quincy Market for lunch.
Then on our way back to the hotel we stumbled upon a cemetery where Paul Revere was buried including Samuel Adam and The Franklins (Benjamin Franklins parents who died during the Boston Massacre).  
It was an awesome place to find because I've been obsessed with American history for some time now so this was a real treat. 
I don't particularly like doing touristy stuff when I'm in a new place and East Coast and its rich history is the best place to find little pockets of historical treasures.  AND most importantly Lukas was able to take a nap in this little area because it was so quiet and kind of tucked away.
Since it was so hot and humid we decided to walk along Boston Common Park (which was conveniently located a block away from our hotel) for some shade I can't help but to imagine all the soldiers from the 1600's who camped there during the American Revolutionary war or the people who gathered around to witness public hangings.  Its completely amazing to me that a place with this much history can survive modern days seemingly untouched.  It makes me wonder if Lukas will be interested in this subject, I don't know yet but I will certainly introduce this stuff to him.  It was a fun filled day and sensory overload for Lukas so we were happy to crash after our little adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment