Sunday, May 8, 2011

My very first mother's day..

I think it's just appropriate to spend mother's day to the person who gave you the honor to become one - your child and today we spent it doing just that.  I didn't want to do anything big cause 1. I really feel special enough to just be with Lukas and Mark doing some of my favorite mundane things and 2. For a mother's day gift Mark surprised me with a trip to Vegas to see my long time music hero Paul McCartney, I mean how cool is that!.

 Being silly around Lukas 
 Walked around an outdoor mall to people watch
  From my husband who always surprises me
Reading to Lukas about Star Wars

This holiday made me think of the years when life before Lukas seems silly, adventurous yet meaningless and how much I have evolved.  Motherhood is full of surprises but what amazes me the most is our ability to find strength and patience we never thought we have and that no matter how big love is it still continues to grow even bigger.  Although life now has transitioned to its simplest honest form I am thankful for it only has become grander.  Thank you son!

No comments:

Post a Comment